Volunteer Team Opportunities
If you are interested in volunteering, click here to contact us.
Front of House Team
If helping make the NCTC shows an enjoyable experience for all our patrons is something that interests you, the Front of House Team is the right place to be! This team would be responsible for helping prepare the front of the theatre (lobby and concessions room) for the performances. Team members assist with:
- acquiring the supplies
- setting up the lobby and concession rooms
- hanging bios and headshots for performances
- selling concessions/raffles/actor grams preshow, intermission and
- breaking down & cleaning the concession room and lobby at the end of the run
Similarly, the backstage team would be responsible for helping make sure the shows run smoothly behind the scenes. These team members:
- help with scene/set changes
- assist in the dressing room, making sure no costume is left on the floor
- striking the set after the production’s run
Do you have special interest or skills in making things such as sets, costumes or props? What about lighting, sound or visual effects? The Tech Team would be responsible for creating all the special things we see on stage to help a show
- Costume Team Members assist with the acquisition, creation, alteration, ironing, and laundering of costumes for upcoming performances, as well as, putting costumes away when the production is over.
- Sets Team Members assist in the acquisition, building and painting of set pieces, as well as, the strike (breaking down) of the set.
- Props Team Members assist in the acquisition and creation of prop pieces.
- Lighting Team Members assist with the hang and focus of lights. During the
performances, team members run the light board or spot light.
- Sound Team Members help design sound effects, assist with the upkeep of mics,
putting mics on the actors, running the sound board, and retrieving the mics after
Box Office Team
A theatre does not run well without having a smoothly run box office and NCTC has the best Box Office Manager anywhere with Joe Pangia at the helm! Box Office Team Members:
- assist with sending ticket confirmation emails;
- during performances, team members assist with ticket sales, checking-in patrons,
calling seating group numbers, assisting with late arrivals, and monitoring the Box
Office during the show.
Administrative Office Team
This team is the very heart of NCTC, assisting Claire with a multitude of weekly tasks. Team members assist with:
- basic office tasks (i.e. answering phone, return messages, responding to
- confirming/tracking class sign-ups
- creating/printing playbills
- sending press releases and help to grow press contact list
- distributing show posters
- creating/sending principal letters
- investigate and implement community outreach opportunities
As a nonprofit children’s theatre, NCTC is always looking for inventive ways to help raise funds to “keep the curtain raised” for another season! Team members assist with:
- obtaining ads for production playbills
- soliciting donations for production raffles and annual benefit
- obtaining show/season sponsorships
- assist in special events as needed such as benefit
Are you handy around the house and have some time to volunteer at the theatre? With our building comes interior and exterior issues that need attention. This team assists with:
- small interior repairs
- maintenance of the lawn and bushes
Board of Directors
Are you more of a “big picture” type of person? The Board of Directors is in the process of strategic planning for the future of NCTC, including looking at fundraising initiatives, marketing initiatives and moving to another space in the near future. If you are interested in the “big picture,” please send an email of interest, with your résumé attached, to Eric Rothauser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As there are a limited number of positions on any non-profit board, the NCTC Board, unfortunately, cannot take all persons who might be interested. Therefore, a committee from the Board will meet with all interested persons and then make recommendations. The Board will then invite those who have the experience and skills necessary to assist the Board in developing and fulfilling its strategic plan.